Complementary Webinar: Transforming Carrier Ethernet 2.0 Concepts into Business Winning Realities
When (NEW DATE):
Wednesday, May 16, 2012
Time (NEW DATE):
14:00 GMT (10:00am U.S. Eastern Time)
Want to know what the MEF’s new Carrier Ethernet 2.0 means to you? How can you use the concepts to differentiate your offerings and increase the stickiness of your services?
The MEF (Metro Ethernet Forum) recently unveiled its vision for the second generation of Carrier Ethernet, dubbed Carrier Ethernet 2.0 (CE 2.0). In its announcement, the MEF identified a set of important new extensions to the first generation of Carrier Ethernet. These enhancements to global interconnection standards, multiple service classes, and service management features, not present in the original, can be implemented now to scale and simplify the delivery of higher performing, more deterministic Ethernet services. With well thought out strategies, service providers can implement CE 2.0 with a foundation to transform services, networks and operations to materially differentiate services and win in the market.
Innovative service providers have discovered that introducing CE 2.0 functionality into their offerings helps them hold their margins and win new enterprise customers in an increasingly competitive environment. In this webinar, you will learn about the market opportunity for services based on Carrier Ethernet 2.0, hear examples of how some service providers are already leveraging this functionality, and see real-world solutions that are delivering on the promise of Carrier Ethernet 2.0.
Please join us for the first in the 2012 series of webinars brought to you by Carrier Ethernet News to explore this topic.
Each registrant will receive a comprehensive e-Book entitled “Transforming Carrier Ethernet Concepts into Winning Business Realities.”
Nan Chen, President of the MEF
Scott Knox, Director of Solutions Development for Overture
Rafael Francis, Sr. Director of Solutions Marketing for Cyan
Who Should Attend:
- Wholesale and retail product managers and planners from service providers responsible for service definition and maintaining a competitive portfolio
- Service provider CTOs responsible for developing the technology vision for the metro and access networks
- Service provider Network Engineers and architects responsible for designing metro and access networks to support data services
- Service provider Network Operations personnel responsible for installing, maintaining, operating or trouble shooting metro and access networks
Attendees to this webinar will
- Learn what comprises Carrier Ethernet 2.0
- Hear industry perspective on the size of the market opportunity for business services based on Carrier Ethernet 2.0
- Understand what Carrier Ethernet 2.0 means to both wholesale and retail business services
- Review examples of how Carrier Ethernet 2.0 can be implemented with multi-vendor solutions
- See examples of how service providers are already benefiting from elements of Carrier Ethernet 2.0
- See real-world examples of end-to-end Carrier Ethernet 2.0 solutions that service providers are using to increase revenue, decrease expenses and differentiate their service offerings.
- Leave the session armed to apply the information in their own business